Friday, July 30, 2010

New Chuckie, Shooting log #1

I am tired of politics. It's fun mocking the liberals who whine about the President they hate, but when it's conservatives doing the whining about the President, I want to facepalm myself. It's embarrassing... really.

I've learned one thing about myself that I improve on something a lot more when I am blogging about it. So now I will blog more about the sports I have been training in. I like to post progress logs, analyze deficiencies and talk strategies for getting better. So far, I've been training for swimming, running, biking and shooting. (Would make an awesome QUADTHLON!)

Today's range reports at 7 yards:
1) 88.75 (12.5% bulls eyes)
2) 94.76 (52.4% bulls eyes)
3) 96.8 (76% bulls eyes)
4) 94.66 (53.3% bulls eyes)
5) 79.54 (13.6% bulls eyes)

One notable achievement is that I got rid of my tendency to hit upper right. Last time I shot, all of my shots were grouping in the upper left area of the bulls eye, which meant that I was pushing the gun and anticipating recoil. This time, I followed some advice I found on the internet and mixed snap caps (fake bullets) with real bullets in my magazine before I shot. When you don't know if it's a real or fake bullet in the chamber, the motion of the gun on a fake bullet when you pull the trigger tells you a lot about how you are holding the gun.

So that technique helped me to keep the gun pretty steady. The first set you can still see me anticipating recoil, but my second through fourth sets I got rid of that bad habit.

On my last set, I rapidly fired 24 bullets to simulate how I would react to a home invasion situation. A lot of my shots went low, which means my fingers are tightening on the pistol and I am drooping my head. Only 22 bullets hit the paper, so that means 2 shots were off. It's a small piece of paper so I am not too worried about it. Lots of room for improvement, but not to the point where I maddeningly suck and would be a huge danger to bystanders. I am more worried about the people next to me today who were hitting the edges of a large paper!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I am most proud of this one, I connected 7 shots and 6 shots. If I got one more in between the two groups, that would be a 14 shot group. I deserve to have a hit rap song because I bet most rappers can't do this.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment: