Well, today I introduced two friends to the sport of shooting. It's cool being the coach and them being the students. I actually had to sign a coach waiver at the gun range, making me responsible for everything they do. Heck at this rate, I might as well work towards becoming a certified instructor.
But thankfully, shooting is pretty easy to pick up. And a gun like the Glock is designed to be so simple that there's really not much to it. And after a couple snap cap drills, my students started to dial in around the bulls eye. :)
Anyways today I started shooting from 13 yards out and accomplished a 30% bulls eye rate. It's encouraging for a first time try because what is an orange circle at 7 yards is an orange dot at 13 yards. How people dial numbers at 20 and 25 yards is beyond me, just the movement of your arms from breathing is enough to move you halfway across the target.
I also started experimenting with different shooting stances. I notice that a lot of IDPA and IPSC competitors use the isosceles stance, but I was more accurate shooting from the weaver stance. This probably means that there are different layers of learning curves and I am on the newbier one.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment