Sunday, August 29, 2010

Shooting log #5

Actually, there's no shooting log. But I got into the 4 day defensive handgun training course in Nevada, scheduled to happen in two weeks. It's going to be 90 degrees out there, but hell, stressful conditions only make you better.

In the past two months, I've actually burned through 900 rounds of ammunition from personal practice and taking friends out. So I'm conserving my remaining ammunition and won't be shooting, since I will need about 800 rounds in Nevada. If I keep shooting at this rate, I won't be able to sustain buying ammunition even off the internet, may have to resort to loading my own. We will see, I think I'm better off cutting back and practicing more dry-fire.

I'm excited to go to Nevada. I heard the training is top notch; they have comprehensive lectures on the legality of defending your home, the emotional trauma you may go through and the moral decisions you have to make for yourself. Besides teaching you how to double tap somebody, they also train you to shoot in nighttime conditions and maneuver through your house (while the instructor is doing his best to distract and stress you further). Apparently, even police officers and soldiers benefit a lot from this. This is going to be awesome. (Especially if I become a better shooter than most police officers, shame on them!)

Now I just need to hope that my holster and extra magazines arrives safely from UPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment