I'm skipping shooting log #3 because I'm too lazy to post the pictures for it. But today, I went shooting with a former ballistics research lab buddy from college.
My accuracy was really off today and I attribute that too switching up to different stances and shooting rhythms. Today I switched back to the weaver stance and experimented with a shooting rhythm where I fire one shot, lower my pistol, keep my eyes on my sights, lift up the pistol and squeeze the trigger instant my sights swing over the bulls eye. I was trying to figure out a way to avoid aiming the pistol at the bulls eye for too long of a time, because the arms start to get tired and waver more.
I scored very little bulls eye shots with this shooting rhythm, but I had a lot of shots that grouped near the bulls eye. So for a timed match where squeezing off shots quickly with moderate accuracy is more important than dead on accuracy, this technique could help me rack up points.
I also started noticing why people dislike the trigger of the Glock. It does have a very long trigger pull, which totally throws off the first shot if you aren't careful. I think this will be the only handgun I will purchase, so I will stick to the Glock and perfect it.
After our shooting session, we strolled over to the outdoor range where people were shooting rifles at targets 100 yards away. It was a bit incredulous to watch them shoot without scopes, because targets 100 yards away are really tiny. The rifles at the range included two AR-15 variants, one AK-47 and some sort of bolt-action gun. What can I say, except I want a rifle now?
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment